YO INTERNET! BustedTees is looking for a developer. You know the deal, we make funny t-shirts, hang hard (and soft), and are totally pumped on work each day. We are looking for someone who wants to make fun and cool stuff!
PHP / MySQL Developer – BustedTees.com
BustedTees, the webs leading e-commerce site for comedy is seeking an ambitious, well-rounded PHP engineer. We’re a small, fun-loving team dedicated to bringing the best funny T-Shirts and cool stuff to the Internet. You’ll work with our sales, marketing, and design teams to build internal tools and new user features. Our goal at BustedTees is to make people laugh which means working here is pretty much awesome! The founders of CollegeHumor started BustedTees in 2004 and we’re still working with them to put out hilarious products every week. We’re located in downtown Manhattan, are growing rapidly and are actually profitable! Yes, I said profitable.
See what it’s like to work with us: http://vimeo.com/173714
· Implement and iterate on new and existing features
· Get your hands dirty playing with framework level code
· Profile and optimize code and queries for performance
· Contribute to product design and implementation discussions.
· Help determine product roadmaps and think through front-end facing features.
· Give us funny t-shirt ideas any time you want!
· Fluency in PHP 5, MySQL and the LAMP stack
· Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming
· Expertise with MVC methodologies * Caching / Scaling (Memcached, APC, etc.)
· A preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and technologies
· E-commerce, credit card authorization, and billing feature experience
· Linux or Solaris experience
· jQuery or Prototype
· Experience building scalable frameworks
· Experience building user interfaces.
· 2-5 years of development experience and a college degree.
· You know a lot about pop culture (especially video games)
This is an on site, full time position at our office in New York City. We offer competitive salary and full benefits package. Please email your resume and code samples to email@example.com w/the subject line Tumblr. Please no recruiters or development shops.
why is MILKMADE?
In the summer of 2009, MILKMADE was born out of our budgets. We found we were spending a collective 2-4% of our monthly budgets on mediocre, store-bought ice cream containing unpronounceable ingredients and boring flavors.
Wait, I have friends who spent 2-4% of their monthly budgets on ice cream????? Great job at being awesome dudes.
I am not sure why I got this email. I cut it down significantly, but it was mass email asking if I would be interested in having holiday themed sex at a food drive on camera for a queer network.About the party:
Straponathon Ho Ho Ho!
Put on your sexiest holiday outfit and bring out your naughty toys for the hottest holiday party you’ll attend! All queer or queer curious women are welcome to attend, as are transfolk of course.
This is a supportive, safe, no-pressure environment. Come to play, watch, touch or be touched… And remember, voyeurism is participation. But watch out, we might make you lube and toy caddy. :-)
In true holiday telethon tradition, I ask you to bring an item of canned food or a few dollars to donate to a local women’s group. Please also bring whatever food and drink you’ll want to consume.